- Class of 2021 Commencement is scheduled for Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 9 a.m.
- Class of 2020 Commencement has been rescheduled for Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 9 a.m.
As planning continues, here are some details about how Oglethorpe is working to make the in-person ceremonies possible:
- Graduates will be offered up to 3 non-transferrable tickets to allow guests to attend the event in person. Details about how to request tickets is forthcoming.
- Information about how to make a request for accessibility accommodations may be found here.
- The university’s COVID-19 protocols will be in effect for the ceremony, including required face-coverings for all attendees—regardless of vaccination status. Seating will be arranged to allow for necessary social distancing.
- The event will be live-streamed via Oglethorpe University’s Facebook page to ensure additional access for anyone who would like to view the ceremony.
- The university has retained professional photographers to take individual photos of each graduate at the ceremony. In addition, throughout the summer, graduates will be able to request access to campus for photos with additional family and friends. Details will be shared with graduates at a later date.
Please continue to check your email and this website for information about how to RSVP, request tickets, and ensure your mailing address is up to date. Class of 2021 diplomas will be mailed using the current address on file.
Next steps for graduates:
- Graduating students in the Class of 2021 must submit a degree application by April 9, 2021.
- Cap and gown packages are available for order through April 27, 2021. Caps and gowns will be mailed to individuals.
The 2021 commencement will include:
- Students whose degree was conferred for fall 2020.
- Students who are on pace for conferral for spring 2021.
- Students who meet the criteria to participate but will have a summer 2021 conferral.
The 2020 commencement will include anyone whose degree was conferred for fall 2019, spring 2020, or summer 2020.
Eligibility to participate is included in the official review information that is provided after students apply for graduation.
Please continue to check your email and the commencement website for additional information as it becomes available. For additional questions, contact email@example.com.